Thursday, August 19, 2010

Differences between how Men and Women deal with pain?

Percieved, imagined, average, stereotyped? I would be curious to hear any insight you might have to offer.Differences between how Men and Women deal with pain?
Women deal with pain better as Men try to be protective.


But Women are the pain of Men,and they are trying to nag it on them.


Unequal spirit of mutual protection.Differences between how Men and Women deal with pain?
i've seen a lot of evidence that women turn stress into depression and its long term while men turn stress into physical anger and is short term....





check out the video here





http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2008/…
Woman are genrally better with pain. Unlike men. So if a man and woman were to recive the same injury the woman would feel it less.
Men swear ,,,,,,,,, ,,,, Men drink





Women cry .,,,,,,,,,,,, Women shop











Physical ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Emotional
I cut my finger I get a piece of tissue and a rubberband. she gets a wad of gauze, a tube of antiseptic, and a bottle of pyroxide. I twist my ankle I continue to limp my way home. She stops, starts bi**hin and I have to literally carry her home. She gets a flu shot and sits there and looks at the needle. I get a flu shot and faint.
I keep hearing (seriously like three times just this week) that women have a higher tolerance for pain, but that is totally not true for me. I am the biggest wimp ever and I'm not ashamed of it either. Especially with needles. They are scary and they hurt like heck and I'm not going to pretend they don't hurt when they do.
Men suck it up and keep going -- the way a proper lad ought to. Also, there may be some violent lashing out when they have a free minute.





For women the whole world stops while they cry until they get bored with crying and then they eat chocalte or something like that.
I think men take it A LOT better then women. But I'm not going to say it's the case all the time.





When I'm injured I pretend it's not even there. I'm far from a wimp! I never cry (at least not infront of people!) I don't like people asking me what happened to me. It's my business and I don't want help.
Typically, women have a higher physical pain tolerance than men but they are more likely to break down emotionally.
jewelryik, so anyone who doesn't agree with you is a sock puppet? Stupid moron.
Men just act weird but won't say anything until he eventually breaks and takes it out on the people who had nothing to do with the real reason he was upset. Women call their girlfriends and talk about it for hours, forcing the poor girl on the other line to listen and offer a few ';yeahs'; and ';awws'; every once in a while.





Basically, men just keep it inside until he explodes with anger, women cry and get it all out and then they're all better.
Men suck it up and keep going
Women tend to talk about it more and men tend to keep it inward more but have a tendency to lash out aggressively under the right conditions.
The myth is that women handle physical pain better than men, but that is a false truism based on the idea that man wouldn't be able to handle the pain of pregnancy. People ask if a man could handle a pineapple coming out of his penis...:0...but thats like asking of a woman could handle a pineapple coming through her clitoris. The answer to both is no.





When it comes to physical pain - men are taught to bottle it up and women are taught to talk about it and go through lengths to deal with it. The female way is obviously superior for major things, because sometimes getting something taken care of can save your life - its why so many more men die from cancer than women, for instance. However, women have a tendency to overreact to minor injuries.





I tend to believe men hiding the fact that they are in pain in front of strangers is a mating strategy because it helps them maintain their status in times of weakness. Men do tend to break down in the privacy of their own homes and complain a lot more whilst in that safe zone, especially if there is someone trusted to help take care of them. Women react similarly inside or outside of their homes.





Emotional pain - men bottle it up and turn it into brash actions. (not always rage - the suicide rate for men is near double that of women) Women tend to talk for hours with their friends (and horror of horrors, sometimes their boyfriends[another reason for high male suicide rates ;)]) Men tend not to be affected as deeply by slights.





None of this is true for every individual - all people react in different ways. This is just what is more like to be found in each gender.
uhh... ryde-on im female and i dont cry when im hurt. i've had a broken nose, broken arm, broken foot, broken fingers, pancreatitis, been beaten by boyfriend, been nearly choked to death by my step sister, thrown against walls and on the floor and hit by my mother, pulled off of a 4 ft wall by my hair and fell on my head ect. and never cried from any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment