Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it considered discrimination to choose not to treat men if you are a female Therapist?

As a female Massage/Reflexology Therapist what is the best way to deal with men if you decide you would prefer not to treat them or if you only want to provide certain treatments. Is it discrimination? I am asking this question purely based on the security aspect as I would be offering a mobile service as well as having people into my own home. I am sure the majority of men are fine and I dont really want to exclude them as clients altogether..any advice would be welcome on how to handle this.Is it considered discrimination to choose not to treat men if you are a female Therapist?
Of course it's discrimination.





But I don't know whether you fall under the public accommodation laws that make it an 'illegal' discrimination.





And on that note, - you just have to weight the risks that someone wants to sue you for discrimination.Is it considered discrimination to choose not to treat men if you are a female Therapist?
I really don't know but i think it would be unfair to the therapist if you couldn't. I wanted to be a massage therapist but only would wnat to massage women. I figured that wouldn't go over well so i decided not to. But I guess I could be a sport massage therapist for a volleyball team or something. Anyways i don't think it's discrimination. Personally though I wouldn't feel comfortable getting a massage form a man and I figure a lot of men feel the same.
I don't know about discrimination since you have perticular concerns and situations. If you are a private provider you can choose whom you wish to work with. If you are employed by a public group then discrimination may be an issue.
I think that if you have an all across the board rule of treating only women, then its okay with a profession like that. Its kind of like treating only a certain age group, which is totally acceptable.
yea
No it isn't discrimination. If you don't feel comfortable with men, you won't be doing the excellent job that you were trained to do providing customer satisfaction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

Post a Comment