Thursday, August 19, 2010

Im suffering from postpartum OCD. How can I help my husband understand?

I was dignosed with ppocd. Its my first baby and he is almost 3 months old. Ive NEVER thought of hurting him. My husband cant understand why I cant just snap out of this. Ive only been on medication for two days. But he expects me to be back to normal already. Is there any websites anyone knows of that help men deal with pp mood disorders?Im suffering from postpartum OCD. How can I help my husband understand?
Go to http://ClearSky-Inc.com or http://postpartum.net. Also, Chapter 16 in Postpartum Depression For Dummies is written for husbands. I had postpartum OCD too, and our husbands need education so they can support us in the way we need.





Dr. Shoshana BennettIm suffering from postpartum OCD. How can I help my husband understand?
I know it's not much, but I found this, which I think might help him. Hopefully, it will at least get him to want to find out more!





http://www.pregnancy-info.net/postpartum鈥?/a>
The expectant woman is now the mother of a newborn but after giving birth is more likely to suffer PostPartum Depression (PPD), particularly if you have any of the factors that increase the risk of developing this condition.





A healthy pregnant woman should not suffer from PostPartum depression but having a medical history of mental illness increases the risk to suffer it, the same as those women who already had any kind of clinical depression.





Emotions also take a direct part in developing this type of depression, particularly observed in women with perfectionist personalities that simply do not want to accept the baby as is but somewhat discouraged because the baby does not meet all their demands or expectations.





In addition, the difficulties experienced by the woman during her pregnancy increases a PostPartum Depression risk, including a death or illness in the family, marital stress, lose of confidence, moving to a new home, or any other issue that occurred during pregnancy when women are more vulnerable to stress, anxiety and depression.





A woman suffering PostPartum Depression should join a support group to reduce the stress and anxiety levels associated with this condition. In fact, there are groups for pregnant women organized by communities and hospitals in which the participants help each other to relief this pain and the isolation that comes after having given birth.





Communication with your husband, family and friends is also crucial to avoid depression or aiding in getting rid of it and getting back to your normal activities, including having sex plus caring for your newborn.

1 comment:

.. said...

I am Maris, and i am here on this site to give thanks to Dr.Agbazara for the good work he did in getting my relationship back on track. Myself and my lover had some dispute which lead to our break up. But through the help of Dr.Agbazara i was able to get her back within 48 hours for this reason i will be dropping the contact information of Dr.Agbazara on this site for those that need his help to contact him on Whatsapp via ( + 234 810 410 2662 ) or email: ( agbazara @ gmail. com )

Post a Comment