Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mantyhose? Men in tights?? I'm not so sure...?

What kind of man would wear man pantyhose? I know they keep you warm in cold weather, but most woman will agree it's sort of funny watching your man pull them up and then jump around getting them on like the scene from ';What Women Want';. I thought long johns were the thing for men to wear in cold weather, not stockings. Help me understand! OH and BTW - ladies get hair pulled sometimes from stockings - how will men deal with this??Mantyhose? Men in tights?? I'm not so sure...?
Most men who wear pantyhose are just normal heterosexual men. The numbers are growing. There are many reasons for wearing them.


I agree with you, long johns are the thing for men, but only it is dictated by society and thus socially accepted. But why? Have you ever tried to wear long johns? I think if you would have you wouldn鈥檛 be wondering anymore why many prefer pantyhose. Long johns are bulky and extremely uncomfortable because of their bulkiness and the fabric isn鈥檛 very nice either. In short, they are awful things. Pantyhose are thin, much more comfortable and feel good on the skin. Many men have discovered this one way or another and decided it鈥檚 much nicer to wear pantyhose. I know there are a lot of people, men and women alike who have issues with it, but I think mainly because of convention, which is not a valid reason of course. Why should only women have the privilege to wear all the nice things?


Many men don鈥檛 just wear pantyhose for warmth but just because they have a nice feel too them. In the male clothing department there are only fabrics like cotton, wool, denim etc. Nothing wrong with that, but you cannot say that they make one feel good. There is nothing like pantyhose in the men鈥檚 dept. but there are no reasons whatsoever why a man cannot wear things that feel soft and silky. And let鈥檚 admit, pantyhose are also very sexy and can give a sexy feeling too when wearing, which is a nice extra bonus. I think pantyhose are wonderful. I wear them myself and love it, and no, I have never had problems with hairs being pulled.


And don鈥檛 be misled by this mantyhose thing, they are quite awful, ill fitting, too thick, itchy and scratchy and actually more like long johns. The manufacturers seem to be missing the point completely. Most men prefer to wear women鈥檚 pantyhose.


I hope this helped.Mantyhose? Men in tights?? I'm not so sure...?
I wear them under my slacks in cool weather. I find them quite comfortable. There are many styles made just for men now with men's dimensions. If you get the right size, there is no ';jumping around'; or hair pulling. Long johns hold moisture and are like wearing a saggy, soggy diaper.





Tights are unisex and not uncommon in a European man's wardrobe. Other than the fabrics (and the marketing), what's the difference between long johns and leggings? For that matter, other than the fabrics and the attached feet, what's the difference between long johns and tights? Why is it when a woman wears a man's boxers or t-shirt it's ';cute and flirty'; but if a man wears tights made for a man it's weird? Never have been able to figure that one out.





BTW, my wife of 25 years doesn't mind at all. In fact, she kinda likes it. :-)
I am a construction worker that has to work outside in the dead of winter. I actually have worn tights to work in. Long underwear is really bulky, It constantly falls down. You have to get jeans a size or two bigger to fit over long underwear. By wearing tights I don't have this problem. The tights somewhat massage your legs and your legs end up feeling better after a long day of standing on them.


I have some of the Comfilon brand of legwear, they are made for men, have a fly, more room, etc.


Remember the old saying, Don't knock it until you try it.
I wear sports tights for running and occassionally wear them underneath jeans when I'm going out on a winters day (eg to watch the football). I have a couple of pairs made by Adidas from ';climalite'; material which is the thinnest material. they feel great on and hopefully more men will start wearing them and see the benefits.
men used to wear stockings all the time back in the 1600's, in fact women stole the idea from us! then slowly the stockings turned into socks in the 1700's








.
hi,





i wear tights on an almost daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment