Saturday, August 21, 2010

How Can I Stop Feeling So Angry At Men?

It's all very strange- I really like most of the men I know. I have a wonderful boyfriend. The majority of my close friends are male. Still, I have this lingering anger towards men in general that never seems to go away. I read articles about women being battered and raped, men doing cruel things to each other, men scoffing at women's equality and trying to take posession of their reproductive rights, and it makes me so angry I feel sick. I know not all men are like that, and that judging people is wrong, but it just hits me like a wave. I get scared that I'm going to leave my boyfriend someday because I'll stop being able to deal with men.





When I was younger, an older man took advantage of me, and I'm still trying to get over how dirty and low that made me feel.





I'm not a hateful person, and I try to keep this anger inside, but it's really eating me up. It seems like men all hate women and see them as lesser creatures. I need a new way of thinking- can anyone help?How Can I Stop Feeling So Angry At Men?
Thats tough. I get angry over those things too and sometimes I generalize my anger towards all men in the US. For the most part I try to recognize that there are allot of men who are genuinely awesome like my husband who is a feminist, and my male friends who all respect women. I try to surround myself with men and women who I feel are good people and respect all people regardless of race and gender. When I meet misogynists, I tend to avoid them. When I meet people who I'd like to be friends with, but who make misogynistic statements, I call them on it, and if they realize their being assholes, great, if not, I tend to avoid them. Also, I take hope in that not all cultures treat women like crap, the Minangkabau, a Islamic ethnic group in Indonesia, are matrilineal and characterized by their gender equality and great respect and importance placed on women. So maybe there is hope. At least we live in a country were people pretend to treat women equally, so things can get better as long as we try. In the mean time, be strong and appreciate those around you that are good people. And maybe some counseling might be helpful to deal with the feelings and fears you have. Good luck! :)How Can I Stop Feeling So Angry At Men?
Would it help you to understand that women can be just as bad? I don't mean that in an insulting way, it's just that if you see that men and women are more or less equal it should help with reducing your anger against men.
You need to forgive him, as of what happened along time ago...I was the same many many years ago...I hated men...but as time went by I had to forgive and let it go...for he had no problems moving on with life, I am the one who did...So yes, first you must forgive this person, and let it all go...and once done you will find yourself with peace and peace of mind and will be able to move forward as well.
Try to remember there are nice men out there too.
I know how you feel. I can relate to what you experienced when you were little. I get angry too, thinking about the way things are in the world. I'm tired of all the ugly things that happen to women. I'm tired of realizing that almost every woman I meet has either been raped or molested. I think you need to put all that anger and energy into helping other women as well as men fight to maintain the rights we all deserve as human beings.There are men who are just as angry about the things that other men do to women. I think you should talk to your boyfriend too, get his opinion on things, realize that he's not a woman, yes, but he's human, and as humans we all suffer the same. There are men out there waiting to fight with you for and protect the things you're worried about.
when I was older, a younger woman abused me, I dont hate women
What ur feeling is normal so dont be so hard on urself, but dont discount the power of forgiveness. Once u can find a way to forgive you are set free of this hold that this man has over u in these feelings that you have towards men in general. Once u are able to forgive you will have won and beaten him. Look inside your heart for this power:).


Physical and sexual abuse is wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment