Thursday, August 12, 2010

Are feminists even aware that men/boys have to deal with anti-male sexism on a daily basis?

I'm under the impression that feminists and many women in general seem to think that all sexism is male-against-female sexism, and that men just live in utopian paradise free of any anti-male sexism from women or men.





It also appears that women have the innate ability to only see the world from their own perspective with complete disregard of the male perspective. Women, feminists, and the media are constantly talking about how all resources to combat sexism should be directed for women's needs. Are women %26amp; feminists this selfish?





I just want to know if any of you women/feminists here are even aware that men deal with sexism and misandry on a daily basis, or is this all shocking news to you that you were completely unaware of?





If you were aware of it, then why are you only concerned with sexism against women? Are you just a selfish, self-centered person?





Not trying to sound accusatory; just curious.





Men, feel free to chime in as well.Are feminists even aware that men/boys have to deal with anti-male sexism on a daily basis?
';There are none so blind as those who will not see';. Sexism is rife within our society. It is everywhere. Just read a woman's magazine, watch morning television, observe advertising campaigns. Men are depicted as being somewhere between congenital idiots and genetic throwbacks. Men are demeaned, belittled, humiliated, stigmatized, insulted, vilified, impugned, disrespected, reproached...........just so as to bolster the frail female ego, and to enhance the female self opinion of their value. Men are categorized and generalized in order for us to fill into the feminist world view. If something is 'bad' it is 'male'. When the accusation of a crime takes place a man's rights are often the first thing to be cast aside in the name of public interest. In a meritocracy a man's worth is often obfuscated in order for the advancement of women on the basis of gender equality. Sexist jokes, japes, puns and innuendo are not hurtful if they are only being directed towards the masculine member, virility or sexual competency or prowess.


What do women care about the feeling or rights of men when they themselve have an agenda to keep? This very forum is considered, by definition of the title, to be sexist: because 'men' is an add on via the inclussion of the word 'gender'.


Try this quick test. Scroll through previous answers to resolved questions and just count the number of times women have made snide remarks about a man's right to have an opinion. This attitude is what is wrecking the Feminist/Women's movement. It has lost it's way and it's credability. After all who can trust a good result based upon a false premise? Certainly not any right thinking individuals!Are feminists even aware that men/boys have to deal with anti-male sexism on a daily basis?
Awesome question, awesome answer.

Report Abuse



One very regular feminist poser here once said, answering a question whether she cared about men's rights as well as women's rights, that she she care more about women's rights, ';but not that I don't care about men's, I care, but to an extent';.


Caring about your rights over others', even just a bit, either makes you blatantly sexist, or a selfish person.


Right.. but this one even cared more about her rights than men's rights she believes we should have.


I face sexism every day. I once went to eat at Mcdonalds with 2 girls I was in a study group with. One almost insisted in me paying the bill. I'm not a walking wallet, and considering that her daddy paid for all college and was president of a company...
I don't believe that men face more sexism from women then women do from men. I can walk into any bar any where (including bear bars) and not get harrassed like a typical woman will on a dance floor anywhere.





The only place that men (especially WHITE men) face any more sexism than women is in TV commercials where it is perfectly OK to make the white man look like a bumbling fool while women and minorities cannot be shown that way.





Please provide some citation for your claims?
I don't believe anybody should be treated with bias because of race, gender, or anything else. But weren't you the one who said a few months ago, that you were GLAD that there were ';no'; female airline pilots? Sounds like bias to me. There are, but I don't think you want to know that. I agree with the first answerer. If you had been old enough I believe you would have voted against the Equal Rights Amendment. Personally, I'm a civil libertarian. Everyone should have equal rights.
I am aware of it, and since i advocate feminism as a fight to end sexist oppression, and have done work with feminist groups on men's issues, like paternity leave, and father's rights in regards to custody, child support, and notifications, then yeah, i dont think im actually being all that selfish.





what work on men's issues have you done?





gee, that sounds like what the group i was working for was doing, organizing conferences, helping individual men with their cases, and starting campaigns to get lawmakers to pay attention. I dont think i sat around complaining about how selfish someone else was being.
Well, if women are complaining about guys being sexist and rude, wouldn't that basically be sexism? I'm not going to say that men or women deal with more sexist remarks and attitudes, but I can think of examples where each are affected. For example, insurance for a woman with no previous traffic violations would be less than for a male, same age, same traffic reports. Therefore, men are getting discrimated against simply because they're male. Then again, a man will get payed more for the exact same work a woman does, so I guess it really does go both ways. I'm not certain as I'm not terribly into history, but it seems that sexism toward women has decreased whereas sexism toward men has increased over time.
I imagine that most women seem to discuss women's issues because it is what we know and understand. Would you not find it odd if a black man started talking about the plight of a white man? We try to right things where we see that they are wrong and as humans we are all going to tend to deal with the things that affect our daily lives. You yourself suggest that you believe men deal with more discrimination which I would find very, very hard to believe in our current society. I am not saying that there is not sexism against men, there is. I am just pointing out the fact that as a male, you will see what affects you in your daily life and that you want attention on your issues just as we want attention for ours. As an engineer, I participated in organizations to help retain women in the engineering programs at my university. It was always interesting to talk to the guys who were oblivious to many of the issues women face on a regular basis. I am sure it would be just as interesting for me to attend a male dominated meeting where the men where open enough to discuss these sensative topics.
Preach it brother.. I agree. But the main point that I especially agree with is that women often ignore the MALE perspective on most issues and only focus on the woman's perspective. YES.. very selfish.





Men are forced to see both sides because it would be impossible to associate with women otherwise.
To be fair, there is no reason why feminists should care about men's issues. The feminist organization is about ';fem-in-ists';. That much is obvious, the name says it all.





When a woman who calls herself a feminist involves herself in anything outside feminism (like men's rights or humanitarianism, for instance) she is not wearing her ';feminism hat'; anymore.
I do believe that men are discriminated against do to just sex. Usually by other men for not helping them to suppress the women, and usually by women because some of us may project past hurts from one host to the other strait out the gate....





However, the real question maybe Biblical which is why do good people often get put down?





The solution is that all sex and race should band together and fight to be treated equal. I am sure that together we can stand but divided we shall fall.





I do not see men having it so much better and visa versa, because of the Buddy system scratch my back and I will pat yours.......
You mean like,';Men are pigs'; or ';Men are dogs'; or ';Boys suck ,throw rocks at them';.


Or ';Men see women as sex objects'; '; Men are shallow'; and so on.





That stuff is all a myth , invented by anti-feminist propagandists to try to make the honorable feminists look like sexists.
Now you know how WE feel.





Most feminists/women just want to be accepted as human beings. We are all human beings, men and women. So if that mentality can be adhered to, your anti sexism predicament will no longer be.





EDIT: anti male sexism hasnt always existed at least in America. Im sure there were spurts of it here and there. But in general this has been and is a patriarchal society. Where women are scorned upon when they seek positions of power in church or government.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

Post a Comment