Thursday, August 12, 2010

How do men and women differ in how they deal with conflict?

Your opinions will be included in a powerpoint presentation for a college course in interpersonal communication. Tell me what you think about the ways men deal with conflict vs. the ways women deal with conflict. Please be sure to include your gender...without that, I can't include your opinions.





Don't cite data - I can do that myself. I want to hear your thoughts. Share your experiences. Shoot from the hip, be honest, be blunt. All opinions are valid.How do men and women differ in how they deal with conflict?
Women deal with conflict by holding out on sex. Men deal with conflict with begging, pleading, and crying to get sex. Eventually there is a compromise.How do men and women differ in how they deal with conflict?
As a woman I have found most men deal with conflict (meaning disagreement) by avoiding or passive aggressive tactics (IE: not picking up, forgetting to stop at the store, watching tv when chores need done). Most women want to talk it out to the nth degree. It is important to me as a woman that I feel that the man cares for me and my emotional needs. My conflict is usually about resolving the issue and feeling good about it. For a man (ie: my husband) he was to resolve the issue so we can just stop talking about it. He tends to solve it and perhaps resent the decision because it wasn't a good solution, just a quick one.
thats kind of a broad question. i am a 35 year old male... conflict w/ same sex or opposite? verbal or physical?

No comments:

Post a Comment