Monday, August 16, 2010

What is the deal with men ordering food for women when they are on a date?

I asked this question to a family member, but she had never been in the situation. So I ask: has any girl out there ever had the guy they were on a date with order for them? And to the guys: do you ever order a girls food for her? Can anybody tell me why this comes up at all or what the deal is with this strange ritual? Apparently it isn't too common a practice, but I was just curious in case I ever came across a situation like this in real life. I have to honestly say that I don't know how I would react if a guy ordered my food for me and I'm looking at it both ways. On the one hand, I could understand it because I don't know what he has in his pocket and there are plenty of women out there who take advantage of a free meal! (I know some!) On the other hand, I don't want him getting too big headed over any power he may think he has over what I put in my mouth, if you catch my drift! Lol! Anyway, I would appreciate any answers or stories anybody would like to share. Thanks a lot!What is the deal with men ordering food for women when they are on a date?
If you are talking about a man making the decision FOR you about what you are going to eat, then he is a Neanderthal. No man should do that, nor should a woman allow it. He is a control freak and best to be avoided.





If you are talking about a man who finds out what the woman wants and then speaks to the waiter for her, then he is out of touch and quaint, but at least he means well.





If I were a woman in either situation, I would gently but firmly say quietly (so no one overhears) and with a smile that I appreciate the gesture, but I prefer to order for myself. As for the issue of taking advantage of a man's pocket, then she is no lady and deserves the treatment described.





If not sure about a man's finances, she should order toward the lower end of the prices on the menu---but not THE lowest, because it will make him feel bad. You can get a clue if you hear him say what he plans to order. If you want a hint about what is appropriate, ask him if he has any suggestions, then take one of them.What is the deal with men ordering food for women when they are on a date?
I have no idea why men do that. Personally, I think it's a bit sexist. I wouldn't mind if my boyfriend ordered for me though-- just because I'm a bit shy and I don't like to talk to the waiter/waitress.
o.o Don't men who order ask the women what they would like to eat, first? That's what I've noticed. How else would he know what the woman wants to eat? What if she's allergic to something? Is is psychic? While it would be useful, I don't think I would want to date a man who's psychic.
it depends of the kind of restaurant. If the guy brings you in a ethnic restaurant, you could be not intended to be an expert, so he will help you to choose the best. But if you are able to do by yourself, just ask what you want, paying attention not to spend too much money: you are there for him, not for the restaurant. Avoid food too difficult to eat (spaghetti, and so on).
That happened to my friend and I hooked her up with the guy. It was a blind date. Let's just say that she hates sea food and he ordered her calamari and scallops. She called me from the bathroom and yelled at me for hooking them up. I felt so bad. He was so mad that she wouldn't return his calls after that date. She though he was weird. He kept asking me to give her messages because he thought they ';clicked'; when they were on their date.
Mostly because 99.9% the guy is paying for the meal so its only right. The guy ask the girl what they would like and the order for her. Guys must think it romantic or something.
I've been a waitress for 25 years and it is a gentlemanly type gesture. I must say it is very rare nowadays to see such a thing. It is the equivalent of pulling out her chair, holding the door open, or letting her in the car first. Which is rare nowadays as well. It is proper etiquette to inquire from her what she would like to eat and then order for her. Choosing her meal without her opinion is just boorish. I have run into families where the man will order for his whole family and does not care whether they like it or not. This type of individual is usually a nightmare to wait upon. His family sits there with sullen faces as he spouts off during the whole meal. I feel so terrible for that family as I realize that it doesn't end at the meal. During my last 25 years of serving I have seen the way people dine out take a complete twist in a different direction. When it comes to paying the bill, I find nowadays that at least 75 percent of the time it is the woman paying. I almost don't even look at the credit card anymore as I know it will have her name on it. I'm glad woman have equal rights but it would still be nice to see some old time values in place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

Post a Comment