Thursday, August 12, 2010

Curious at what point do you grown women stop taking advice from your mothers about how to deal with men?

I mean like at what age generally do you just start going for what you know without anybody elses input or advice?Curious at what point do you grown women stop taking advice from your mothers about how to deal with men?
I never asked my mom's advice about men the way she treated my dad. i saw how she handle men no thank you. i want to love and give respect to the man i will end up with NOT beat the hell out of him. so my answer is I never will and never did ask her for any advice.Curious at what point do you grown women stop taking advice from your mothers about how to deal with men?
Depends on the woman. I stopped in my early 30s but never asked advice from my mom. The best thing I ever did was stop dating men that would require me to ask advice about.
Until they reach the ';age of reasoning'; and are able to decide themselves and not have their parents decide for them.
It depends on the woman...some never stop.





I think I stopped talking to my mom about men when I was about 19 or 20. I dont think I ever asked her advise on anything.
Why would she ever stop? Who can she trust more than her mom?





Of course I am biased, because I got my high school girlfriend based on the advice of her mom. Her mom told her she should date me.
Honestly, I never followed my mother's advice for anything, especially when it came to men. Not that she doesn't matter to me, but to me, she's old fashioned and has a rather proud, paranoid, superiority complex attitude. And that made me not wanna take her advices seriously, she's too much of a drama queen. But again, she trusts my judgement, so, she doesn't feel much to tell me how to be and who to choose.
I Doubt anyone stops considering anyone else's input or advice COMPLETELY. This is generally not how people work. I will always talk to my girlfriends and my mom about guys I'm hooking up with or dating. I Usually do whatever I want to do regardless but i like hearing outside opinions because sometimes we can be blinded by things that are clear red flags when we are in love or lust. I do think I know more about relationships than my mother even though I'm only 20 because she was with the same man all of her life. She and my father met when they were 16 and are still married at 46. So part of me thinks that not only have I dated way more people already, but I also date women so she may not even know how to understand that kind of relationship.





Still, I'm no fool. I always say ';Oh I don't care what anyone thinks'; and I really don't but something is always at the back of my head warning me not to discredit her wisdom. Being 46 has got to count for something right? And sure enough on a number of occasions (About many things not just bfs/gfs) she will say something that reveals something about a person that I never would have noticed. I owe a lot of my ability to read people to my mother because of the talks we have. I still date guys that she wouldn't like me to though but that's just part of the territory. She would prefer me to 1. not date women and 2. get with a christian man. The answer to both those suggestions is always NOOOOOO!





I live in my own apartment but I still talk to my mom everyday so it's bound to come up. She gives advice even when i don't ask for it. lol
Usually when a woman leaves home gets married or lives on her own, whichever comes first. So its hard to say at what age. Any way moms advice maybe old fashion not in step with todays man.
i started it at very young age i guess at 15..i felt it useless cos my mom-dad didnt have good relation so i thought mom wudn't be a good advicer for me abt relations i make..n now at 20 i think i was ryt i'm better thn her...
The first answerer had a good answer.





I never so much took advice as enjoys having someone to commiserate with. ;) I'm sure guys have their guy-chats with their friends about women, so it's not an alien concept. I still have chats with my mom from time to time but I can't say I've ever needed advice from her - I usually have a pretty good idea of how to handle the man in my life. :P
About 13 years ago...and BTW I wouldn't want her advice on ';Dealing with Men';.
I stopped listening to mom at 16, i still get advice from friends, but i pick and choose carefully on whose advice i use.
Very early on. About 12. My mother was the ';put your man on a pedestal'; type. Every problem in a marriage was the woman's fault - either she didn't have sex often enough or didn't put her man first, etc etc.


It was a joke. Especially as my father was a womanising drunkard who treated my mother like a doormat. Not that I blame him - she thought you could buy love by being submissive.


It's not true.
I'd say I quit at 13/14. Then started taking advice from friends, then at 23 quit taking advice from anyone. My mother and I aren't close. At all.
I never asked my mother for advice on how to deal with men, and she would have been unlikely to offer it if I had asked for it. She thought everyone should do their own thing.
One is never too old to receive advice. Learning is a life-long process. Nor should one shy away from taking advice from someone younger. One should not follow advice blindly, but an opinion given in good faith by a person who cares about you should always be taken into consideration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

Post a Comment